Tomorrow is our next step in our challenge to get our Glory days back, in the Champions League Group stage (group H). Previously we beat B. Dortmund, at home, 3-1. An excellent victory at our new and temporary home at Wembley. We now move to our next match against Apoel, at the GSP Stadium in Cyprus. No match will be an easy match and even though this team are not in the same league as Real Marid or Dortmund doesn't mean they will be a pushover. They earned their right to be there and they will fight as if their life depends on it. I am going for a high score, 4-0.

Even though we are without Alli (suspended) and Vortonghen (also suspended) I think we have a strong enough squad (as opposed to last season) to not really worry about it.

Mousai Dembele is also in doubt, but with Sissoko excellent performance of late, we can rest assured that we have everything covered.

Last season, in the same competition, we sent out a weakened side and it showed. The squad we've got there won't be any weakened sides. This season we have had a good away record in the Premier league, granted, this isn't the Premier League, nevertheless, I have faith in our abilities. Get through this and our real test will be at Real Madrid's ground. A draw or a win will mean that anything is possible. In fact, I would fancy our chances to get to the final. OK, I am getting ahead of myself. But in all the years I've been following this great club I haven't been this excited since I watched those great players of the 60s (and don't forget we are the first British club to win a European trophy) challenging for everything.

We are currently second in the group stage/ league, only behind Real Madrid on goal difference.


Yours truly, Don Scully









Comments

Popular Posts